Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Tarot Tuesday (Wednesday): The Hermit

Well, only three weeks in, and I'm already off my schedule with Tarot Tuesday! As usual, things have been crazy around the studio and I got sidetracked away from my post yesterday. But, better late than never I suppose...(Though, I hate being late.)

Today's painting is one of my favorites from the deck thus far:
The Hermit - 10" x 16.25" - Oil on watercolor paper.










The Hermit is one of the first of the Major Arcana paintings that I've completed for the deck. He is one of 22 Major Arcana cards that will appear in the Modern Spellcaster's Tarot.
I really enjoyed this guy because the card description was on the simpler side so I could focus more on the mood and character in the piece. Plus cloaked and bearded old guys are pretty high on my list of "always fun things to paint."

That's all for today! Until next time, have a nice week!

No comments:

Post a Comment